Certains films ont le pouvoir de provoquer des changements durables dans notre société. Pour renforcer le potentiel de la narration cinématographique en tant qu'outil de changement social et culturel, le FIFDH a lancé en 2019 les Impact Days, durant lesquelles des cinéastes, producteur·trices, ONG et fondations se réunissent pour trouver des alliances et des stratégies qui permettront d'améliorer la qualité et les résultats des campagnes d'impact afin d'avoir un effet positif sur le monde dans lequel nous vivons.
Le FIFDH Impact Days se déroule intégralement en anglais.
The FIFDH, leading film festival dedicated to human rights, takes place each year in March in Geneva, where more than 750 NGOs and the leading International Organizations are actively working and advocating to promote human rights and protect human rights activists worldwide.
For our Industry programme, we are calling filmmakers from around the world producing or directing documentaries about social or environmental issues that need to be urgently addressed, to submit their projects for the Impact Days. The selected film teams will be able to attend the Impact Lab to develop their impact campaign, connect to strategic partners to put it effectively in place, and possibly win a prize in cash that will be awarded to the best Impact project.
For its upcoming hybrid edition, the Impact Lab will take place online on 25-26 January 2022 and in Geneva on 7-8 March 2022 in the framework of the 20th edition of the FIFDH. Depending on the restrictions that will be applicable next Spring the second part of the Lab and the networking events might also take place online.
For the 2022 FIFDH Impact Days, we are looking for bold documentary projects coming from around the world, at any stage of production or late development, driven by thoughtful and in-depth storytelling, bolstered by a compelling visual approach and with a clear vision of the impact they want to make. They need to have a strong potential to create real cultural and social impact around some of the most pressing issues of our time.
- Any independent filmmaker and/or producer from anywhere in the world committed to outreach goals and looking for strategic partnerships to make their films truly influential.
- Submission is free, selected teams will need to pay the accreditation of 180 CHF for each member attending the event. The accreditation will give access not only to all the activities of the Impact Lab and the Impact Days, including lunches and the closing cocktail, but also to all the screenings and debates for the entire duration of the FIFDH (4-13 March 2022) as well as to its industry programme. Travel to and from Geneva and accommodation will be at the participants' own expense.
- Selected participants based in the DDC priority countries will be able to have their accreditation, trip and accommodation covered by the FIFDH.
Selected participants members of partner organizations will benefit from a 50% on their accreditation cost (full list of partner organizations can be found at the bottom of this page).
- Non-fiction films of 52+ minutes in length.
- One project per company or filmmaker can be selected. However, an applicant can be a member of the key creative personnel on multiple projects.
- Projects in production and postproduction are preferable, but we will also consider projects in a late development stage, with demonstrated access, strong storytelling in the treatment and work sample, and an urgency to the story.
- Mentorship for their impact strategy on: how to identify the target groups and relevant partners for their impact campaign, inspire strategic audiences with their film, influence policies, and catalyze change as well as how to pitch their project to potential partners outside the documentary industry. This training is given by experienced producers and impact producers sharing their insights and takeaways on how to create effective impact campaigns.
- Curated connections to key players (NGOs and Foundations) within their issue areas with pre-arranged one-to-one meetings to pitch their impact campaign and find partners and funders that could help them implement it.
- Networking opportunities with the other participants of the event coming from around the world: filmmakers, producers, impact producers, experts and tutors of the Lab, as well as the other Festival attendees.
Deadline for submission of the projects is 31 October 2021. Selected team members will be notified no later than 30 November 2021.
The FIFDH Impact Days are organised in collaboration with:
With the support of:
Subscribe to our Industry newsletter
31 October 2021
- Deadline for submission of the projects
25 January 2022
- Webinar for selected film teams and observers
26 January 2022
- Webinar for selected film teams only
10 February 2022
- Workshop for NGOs
7 March 2022
- Impact Lab for selected film teams only
8 March 2022
- Informative session for NGOs and Organizations wanting to engage with films
- One-to-one meetings between selected film teams and NGOs and organisations