For the first time, the FIFDH is offering a programme specially designed for professionals in the audiovisual industry: exclusive meetings with our guests, conferences and networking opportunities.
How to produce committed documentaries? How can we shape stories that transcend our perceptions of the world? What allies can be found to make these projects a reality and strengthen their impact? The highlight of the FIFDH 2019 professional programme, the Impact Day will focus on these issues on Thursday 14 March at the Espace Pitoëff.
Impact Day is a unique occasion for filmmakers, NGOs, entrepreneurs and philanthropists to exchange ideas as well as to discover alternative partners and new funding opportunities. An event that provides the keys to creating documentary films with a real impact on the contemporary world.
Programme of the day
- A morning of conferences during which participants will be able to share their projects, experiences and strategies through presentations and case studies. On this occasion, a selection of films will be presented the impact and denunciation capacity of which have been maximized through non-traditional partnerships. The morning will be followed by lunch.
- An afternoon punctuated by strategic meetings, organized beforehand by the FIFDH, allowing a real networking opportunity between participants around common themes and future collaborations.
9.30 – Welcome
9:45 – A crash course on creating strategic impact through the power of documentary films
- Nicole van Schaik, Director of Development Doc Society, UK
10.00 – Film case studies: Working with NGOs to have a succesfull impact with your film
- Weapon of war / fighting the silence, Ilse van Velzen, director, producer & Impact producer, NL
- #387, Valérie Montmartin, Producer, LITTLE BIG STORY and Madeleine Leroyer, Director, FR
11.00 – The organizations' perspective
- Mary Werntz, Deputy director of operations for the International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC),CH
11.45 – What funders want?
- David Kollnert, Project Manager - The Swedish Postcode Foundation, Sweden
- Nina Spataru, Programme Associate, International Human Rights Programme - OAK Foundation, UK
- Kristina Johansson, Director, Solbega Foundation, UK
Submit a project
You are a director or producer and have a documentary project that you would like to present to organizations that could support your impact campaign? We invite you to get an accreditation and then fill out the attached form. Once your project has been carefully studied, you will be kept informed of its potential selection for the speed dating that will be organised during the afternoon of the Impact Day.
To submit your project, create an account on our platform and fill out the form under "Impact Day Project". Deadline for the project submission: 1st March
- Event open, on reservation, to people accredited to the Festival (online reservation from 14 February)
- For non-accredited participants, you can purchase a ticket that will give you access to the conference and lunch for CHF 30 (online, from 14 February)
Contact us for more information
Impact Day Manager
Contact | Tel. +41 22 809 69 00